I have a slight confession to make. Well, more than one actually
But one thing at a time.
Right, well.. I’m not quite sure how to tell you this. But until last night, I had something in my house which shouldn’t be here.
In my living room, to be exact.
Please don’t judge me. But last night…
Now, I know that “technically”, you’re supposed to take down the decorations by January 5th, and you may think I’ve just been lazy.. but honestly, I just love the sparkle!
I mean come on – Who would want to pack away such an adorable Fairy?
Tiddlywink and I were seriously considering decorating the tree for the seasons.
Paints Hearts to decorate it for Valentines day
Create Colourful eggs for easter
Make paper flowers to cover it in summer..
The creative opportunities are endless!
But these ideas were frowned upon by my boyfriend (from now on known as Sunshine )
So we compromise -
..Back into the box it goes..
Bye bye baubles! See you next year!
…well.. later on this year!
Our mini tree gets to stay out all year long I can’t wait to create new decorations for it!
Plus, it’s a prop for my craft photo’s.. so it has a proper use too…
So, with Christmas banished for at least a few more months.. let’s move on to my next confession..
I have a slight addiction.
Some may call it an obsession.
But I don’t care what people think. I’m in love.
That they even have their very own bowl. Yes, I have a fruit bowl, and an Avocado bowl.
Told you I was obsessed.
In fact, I can’t remember the last day I went without one..
Which isn’t helped by the fact that they were on sale recently.. how could I resist? Which leaves me with the dilemma of having several avocados turning ripe at the same time..
What’s a girl to do?
Why, make Guacamole of course!
Now, I’m not claiming this to be the words best Guacamole.. I’d have to try them all first – which does sound rather tempting…
But I will say that it’s very good.
Sunshine, who doesn’t like avocados, loves Guacamole. This one in particular.
- 2 Large Avocado’s, (I used 1 large and 2 small)
- 1/2 red Onion
- 1/2 clove to 2 cloves of garlic (I used 2 – I love garlic)
1/2 to a whole tomato (I used half)
- 1 Spring onion
- 1/2 to a whole red chilli
- Juice of half a lime
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley and/or coriander (about 1 1/2 tablespoons once chopped. Could use 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried instead)
- Sea Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Remove the flesh from your avocados with a spoon. Pop it in a bowl, and mash it up nicely with a fork – Sunshine doesn’t like avocado chunks, so I make it fairly smooth. Leave it chunky if you like though.
- Dice up your red onion, spring onion and tomato – as fine or as chunky as you like. Chuck that in your bowl
- Finely chop your chilli (with or without seeds, depending on how daring you are ), being careful not to rub your eyes! Been there, done that, had the horrid burny pains.. Add it to your bowl.
- Dice up your garlic. A good tip to make your you don’t get big bites of raw garlic – chop it up as fine as you can, then sprinkle on a little salt. Now, use the flat of the knife, and smoosh down in the garlic. The salt will help turn the garlic into a paste. Once it’s nicely smooshed (what, it’s a word! ) add it in!
- Juice your lime and add that too – I only had half a lime in the fridge, which wasn’t that juicy, so I added in some lemon juice too. This is all down to taste – If you think it needs more- add more!
- Finely chop your fresh herbs and add them in, or throw in your dried if that’s what you’re using
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, give it a good ‘ole stir around, and Viola!
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with raw veggies, toasted pitta bread, tortilla chips – Or like we had it tonight, on top of a bowl of chilli with salsa and raw nut cheese (more on that another time)
Feel free to add some diced red pepper, more chilli, sweetcorn, pomegranate seeds.. the possibilities are endless! Some recommend placing the avocado pit in the gauc once you’ve made it to stop it going brown. I’ve got not idea if it works, but it won’t hurt to try
Now, don’t blame me if you turn into an avocado addict
Phew! Feels good to get those off my chest.
Ooh.. I think there’s one more to tell..
have a teeenie tiny coffee addiction too…
Feels good to share!
Fancy a cup?
Do you have any “addictions” ?